This IITian Is All Set To Become A Monk
2 years ago
1. Sanket Parekh, a 29-year-old chemical engineer from Mumbai is all set to give it all up and become a Jain monk.
2. Until now, Sanket has been an atheist but things changed after he spoke to a senior and decided to go on a path of inner peace instead of materialistic comforts.
3. His senior named Bhavik Shah played a major role in this transformation. Shah also took diksha in 2013.
4. Sanket Parekh will be one of the 16 people who will take diksha at a ceremony in Borivli, Mumbai, on January 22.
5. Jainism is considered a legally distinct religion in India, however, many experts categorized it as a Hindu or Buddhist sect earlier.