1. Indian businessman Kapil Mohan, the chairperson and managing director of the brewery Mohan Meakin, and the creator of Old Monk rum died on Saturday at an age of 88.
2. Kapil Mohan, who had been ill for a long time, died of cardiac arrest in Ghaziabad.
The year has just began and bad news have started coming in.
Kapil Mohan passed away. A Padmashree, retd. Brigadier and last but not the least- the man behind Old Monk. pic.twitter.com/74xtQuJLMv
— gandharva (@gandharva) January 8, 2018
3. Creator of world famous rum ‘Old Monk’ was also a retired Brigadier and recipient of Padma Shri award
4. He had launched the Old Monk rum brand on December 19, 1954.
5. Besides Old Monk, the other famous brands from his sleeves were Solan No.1 and Golden Eagle.