Visiting Taj Mahal Is Not So Easy Now As Government Limits Indian Visitors
4 years ago
1. Environmental concerns, upkeep, and to avoid stampede-like situations government has decided to restrict the number of tourists visiting the Taj Mahal.
2. The average footfall at the monument has increased at a rate of 10-15 percent per annum.
3. A high-level meeting in Delhi on Tuesday attended by senior bureaucrats has decided that from starting January 20, only 40,000 Indian tourists will be allowed to visit the Taj Mahal per day.
4. However, there will be no daily limit on the number of foreign tourists.
5. For now, there is no restriction on the number of people entering the iconic monument.